Public Celebration of Sunday Mass
Next weekend, 11th/12th July, three Sunday Masses will be celebrated, with a congregation, in our largest church, Saint Mary’s at Hexham. Holy Mass will be celebrated at 17:30 Saturday Evening, 09:30 and 10:30 on Sunday. One Mass will be live-streamed on the Internet.
Following advice, we will observe a 2 METRE SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICY, and observe a strict cleaning and hand sanitising regime. The seated capacity of Saint Mary’s is 33 individuals (seated separately) and two families (maximum five people - from one household - seated together in one bench).
If you are in any doubt or are worried, please continue to celebrate Mass from home using our live stream.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL: TELEPHONE or ONLINE
You MUST book your place in advance; if you haven’t booked you will be turned away. An online and telephone booking system for Mass attendance will be available each Tuesday at 11.00 am where you can reserve a place at one Mass. This system is in place to ensure,
- Fairness, where places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- People do not have any wasted journeys, given our rural situation.
- We can temporarily retain contact details of who is present in case of a localised outbreak.
BOOKING PORTAL is on the Saint Mary’s website or telephone 603119
on Tuesdays from 11.00 am - ONLINE OR BY TELEPHONE ONLY
WHAT TO DO ON THE DAY
*Please do not come to church if you have a high temperature and/or feel unwell.*
Coming to Mass - the church doors will open 10 minutes before each Mass is due to begin, a socially distanced queuing system will be marked on the pavement approaching the church. (Entrance via Main Doors) Please be prepared for any inclement weather; queuing takes place outside. Please note that, following advice, there will be no access to the toilets.
- You will be greeted by a steward who will ask you to sanitise your hands and will check your name off the list. (Remember - if your name is not on the list, you will be turned away).
- An usher will show you to your seat and we ask you to remain there until the conclusion of Mass when you will be directed by the usher to Holy Communion or to the exit route, which is via the chapel and Parish Centre corridor.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass in the PALM of the HAND ONLY.
- Please sanitise your hands as you leave the church.